As we approach our 45th year of service in 2016, we‚Äôre excited about the many opportunities YOU can help us make a difference in our community and in the lives of our neighbors.
45 ways to serve at the Christian Service Center
1. Pray for the Center.
2. Write a check made out to the Christian Service Center for Central Florida.
3. Commit to serving on the Board of Directors.
4. Give to the Center through payroll deduction. Commit to donate $10 to the Christian Service Center from every paycheck in 2016.
5. Fill up a BLUE BAG with food to give to a hungry family.
6. BOGO! Buy an item and give an item.
7. Organize a clothing drive in your community to collect professional clothes for men and women who are looking for work.
8. Donate an item for our silent auction at FEED THE NEED event.
9. Buy a ticket to FEED THE NEED annual fundraiser and shop the auction when you go.
10. Get a group together to assemble hygiene packs.
11. Clean out your closets and donate items to the Center‚Äôs Thrift Shop.
12. Set aside time to pray for those struggling in the Central Florida community.
13. Volunteer at DAILY BREAD serving food to the homeless.
14. Sort clothes at our thrift store.
15. Host a party (for any holiday, event, or just because!) and have your guests bring food/hygiene/financial donations for the Center.
16. Ask your choir to perform a concert for DAILY BREAD clients.
17. Donate blankets for a homeless person.
18. Play an instrument? Come and entertain at DAILY BREAD.
19. Collect your group‚Äôs/family‚Äôs change and donate it annually
20. Have a jacket drive and give the gift of warmth to a homeless person.
21. Get your church or business involved in our SOUPER SUNDAY project.
22. Donate your time to gift wrap toys for Christmas.
23. Pass candy/treats out at DAILY BREAD.
24. Tell your friends and families about the Center.
25. Fill up a bag of groceries for a family in need.
26. Get a group together to make snack packs.
27. Help a family in need by providing a gift certificate to a local grocery store.
28. Donate a bus pass.
29. Organize a Bus Pass Drive - get your family, friends, and co-workers to donate a bus pass.
30. Write a note of thanks to a case manager.
31. Volunteer your specialized skills at the Center (IT, handyman, auto repair, chef, etc.)
32. Provide balloons, face painting or volunteer in other ways for our Annual Street Celebration.
33. Have a painting party at the Center.
34. Deliver food to a LOVE PANTRY School.
35. Pick weeds in front of our buildings or perform other lawn maintenance.
36. Sort canned goods in our food pantry.
37. Collect gently worn shoes.
38. Donate new socks and underwear.
39. Answer the phone for our Family & Emergency Services (FES).
40. Ask your company to sponsor a LOVE PANTRY in an Orange County Public School or Seminole County Public School.
41. Pray for the staff at the Center.
42. Collect Christmas toys for us to distribute to our clients.
43. Bring your group to do a quarterly deep clean at DAILY BREAD.
44. Provide prayer notes/notes of encouragement for us to include with pantry food.
45. Tell us your idea and let‚Äôs see if we can make it happen! email@example.com